High Performance Team Mindset
This program is focused on building high performance team mindset.
It is a team talent management program; comprising a workshop and/or webinar supported by individual executive coaching sessions.
It is designed to bring insight:
- As to how individual mindsets combine to shape and influence the team mindset and hence team performance.
- How the sum of individual mindsets can combine to be a powerful catalyst for step change in a teams performance.
It is ideally suited to teams seeking to leverage the diversity of thinking within their team ... diversity in thinking styles and mindset.
It is best anchored to a specific focus; team decision-making, capacity of the team to influence, strategic-future thinking or team productivity.
What is the focus of the session?
DEEP DIVE INTO TEAM MINDSET
Stephen R Covey said “the way we see the problem is the problem”.
John Kotter said “the central issue for business is never strategy, structure, culture or systems. The core of the matter is about changing the behaviour of people.”
To change the behaviour of people, and a team, you need to understand the way the individuals and hence the team think; to understand individual and team mindset.
It requires you to understand:
- What shapes and influences thinking preference.
- How thinking preference in turn shapes and influences mindset.
- Why mindset manifests to shape and influence performance.
- Performance defined as doing, relating, thinking and being self-directed.
- Individual thinking preferences within a team.
- How individual perspectives combine to determine team preferences.
- How to use team preferences as a lever to build high performance.
What will participants learn?
WHAT, WHY, HOW OF BUILDING MINDSET
They will learn:
- The art and science behind thinking preferences.
- What is implied by how they prefer to think.
- What is implied by how the team prefers to think.
- How thinking preference shapes and influences mindset.
They can apply this insight to improve team:
- Influencing skills
- Strategic thinking
Why is team mindset important?
Formulae for high performance:
- Select individuals, skilled in their own right but whom when brought together complete a circle of competency and attitude.
- Foster a culture of reciprocity, respect and cohesiveness that also supports constructive debate and discussion.
- Promote buy in, accountability and passion to an agreed vision and purpose that drives success.
- Provide access to tools, funds and resources to bring the vision to life, to make it a reality.
All ingredients are essential but not sufficient.
In addition you also need:
- Understanding of individual and team mindset.
- What individual mindsets imply for individual performance; and
- What team mindset implies for combined team performance.
What is the Program format?
THE PROGRAM COMPRISES:
- A Thinking Preference Report for each individual.
- A Thinking Preference Profile Report for the team.
- A workshop to explore the art and science of thinking.
- A workshop to explore implications of the team profile report.
- Individual executive coaching sessions to identify development opportunities.
- Targeted action plans and next steps for individuals and the team.
- Access to follow up coaching to further embed, extend and tailor and learning's.
Understanding participant strengths:
- It is recommended participants complete a Performance Strengths Assessment.
For teams or groups located in multiple sites, cities, states or time zones:
- If your team or group are dispersed we can discuss whether a webinar is more appropriate than a workshop.
- We also offer one-on-one coaching via phone, Skype, webinar or your preferred communication medium of choice,