Team Thinking & Collaboration by Design
This program is focused on building high performance team thinking and collaboration.
It can be delivered as a talent management program; comprising a workshop supported by individual executive coaching sessions.
Or delivered in a keynote, seminar or workshop format as a targeted talent management initiative.
It is designed to bring insight:
- As to how individual thinking and collaboration combine to shape and influence team performance.
- Why the combined thinking power of the team can in specific situations be more powerful than that from its individual parts.
It is ideally suited to teams seeking to leverage the cognitive diversity of their team(s) ... diversity in thinking styles.
And it can be anchored to a specific area of focus; think complex problem solving, strategic thinking, innovation, communication and leadership.
What is the focus of the workshop?
DEEP DIVE INTO THINKING MINDSET
Stephen R Covey said “the way we see the problem is the problem”.
John Kotter said “the central issue for business is never strategy, structure, culture or systems. The core of the matter is about changing the behaviour of people.”
It requires you to understand how your thinking influences, and determines:
- Why you decide what the 'actual' problem is.
- How you approach and select methods of problem solving.
- Why you are likely to choose specific solutions as answers.
- Your preference for seeing particular change strategies as being most effective.
- How you engage, collaborate, motivate and enable accountability in others to deliver the agreed solutions.
What will participants learn?
WHAT, WHY, HOW OF BUILDING MINDSET
They will learn:
- The art and science behind thinking preferences.
- What is implied by how they prefer to think.
- What is implied by how the team prefers to think.
They can apply this insight to:
- Complex problem solving
- Strategic thinking
Why is thinking mindset important?
Formulae for high performance:
- Select individuals, skilled in their own right but whom when brought together complete a circle of competency and attitude.
- Foster a culture of reciprocity, respect and cohesiveness that also supports constructive debate and discussion.
- Promote buy in, accountability and passion to an agreed vision and purpose that drives success.
- Provide access to tools, funds and resources to bring the vision to life, to make it a reality.
All ingredients are essential but not sufficient.
In addition you also need:
- Understanding of individual and team thinking preferences.
- What individual thinking preference imply for individual performance; and
- What team thinking preferences imply for combined team performance.
What is the Program format?
THE PROGRAM COMPRISES:
- Focus on the nominated area of thinking.
- A Thinking Preference Report for each individual.
- A Thinking Preference Profile Report for the team.
- A workshop to explore the art and science of thinking preferences.
- A workshop to explore implications of the team profile report.
- Individual executive coaching sessions to identify development opportunities.
- Targeted action plans and next steps for individuals and the team.
- Access to follow up coaching to further embed, extend and tailor and learning's.
- It is recommended participants also complete a Performance Strengths Assessment.